VagiVital AL Amniotic Leak Self-test is a pad that helps you detect amniotic fluid leakage. Each carton contains 5 pads in aluminum foil. In the pad there is a strip that changes color from yellow to blue or green even with very small amounts of amniotic fluid. VagiVital AL is developed with a unique patented technology that can distinguish between amniotic fluid (positive result) and urine (negative result) by detecting pH levels above 6.5 as well as ammonia levels in the fluid. It is easy to use and gives a clear YES/NO result 15 minutes after the pad has become damp from the leakage.
If you work in maternal care or delivery care and wish to order VagiVital AL for amniotic fluid leakage, click here.
SELF-TEST FOR AMNOTIC FLUID LEAKAGE
- Unique patented technology with 97% accuracy
- Can distinguish between amniotic fluid and urine
- The result can be read 15 minutes after the bandage is removed
- Color change that gives a clear YES/NO answer
- Gives results even with very small amounts of amniotic fluid
- The bandage can be worn for up to 12 h for long-term monitoring
- Use the pad with VagiVital AL as a panty liner
- The pad can be worn for up to 12 hours
- When the pad feels wet, remove it
- The result is read after 15 minutes
- Any color change to blue or green is a positive result (probably amniotic fluid leakage)
- In the event of a color change, contact your midwife and/or delivery clinic
- VagiVital AL cannot be used in case of bleeding or discharge mixed with blood/water discharge
- VagiVital AL cannot be used within 12 hours after intercourse
- VagiVital AL detects pH levels above 6.5, which means that a false positive result (the pad changes color to blue or green) can occur in the case of bacterial vaginosis. Always visit a maternity clinic if there is a color change, as bacterial vaginosis should be treated with antibiotics
- Please read the instructions in the package insert before use
In the pad is a strip that changes color from yellow to blue or green when amniotic fluid is detected. The strip contains a patented technology that makes this possible.
VagiVital has been tested for skin irritation and hypersensitivity.
Each carton contains 5 pads.
What People Are Saying
EASY TO USE
The test is easy to use at home with a pad that is placed in the panties
In case of amniotic fluid leakage, the pad is colored blue or green and gives a clear YES/NO answer 15 min after the moist pad is removed
An undetected amniotic fluid leak can lead to complications if bacteria enter the uterus, which can cause severe infection and can pose a danger to both the pregnant woman and the fetus.
How do you know if the water has broken?
In approximately 10% of full-term pregnancies, a spontaneous release of water occurs before the contractions begin. The most common is that there is a large flow of water, alternatively a steady flow of amniotic fluid - and then the diagnosis is simple. The diagnosis becomes more difficult in cases where the amniotic fluid leakage is very sparse.
More than 20% of pregnant women seek care because they experience wetness in their panties, but it can be difficult to determine whether it is urine, amniotic fluid, or a discharge. Additionally, as many as 30–40% of pregnant women experience urinary leakage at the end of pregnancy. It is estimated that approximately 20% of pregnant women visit the maternity clinic due to suspected water leakage and 50% of them are sent home with the assessment that the water was due to urine leakage. In 47% of cases, doctors are unsure of the diagnosis of hydrocephalus based only on clinical examination and the patient's story.
It is therefore not always easy to diagnose amniotic fluid leakage.
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
Open the outer packaging and read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
TAKE THE TEST
Follow the user instructions and use the provided pads as instructed.