For Health Care Providers
How does VagiVital work?
Today, both estrogen products and hormone free alternatives are available for the treatment of vaginal atrophy. VagiVital is a hormone free crystal clear active gel with several advantages:
- A simple formulation of safe ingredients
- A standardised dose of 1 ml for each administration with a tailored applicator
- Non-sticky and no need for pantyliners after treatment
- Releases water to the mucous membranes over time, this is due to the low osmolality of the gel
- Adheres well, thanks to a optimal viscosity and high mucoadhesiveness
- Restores pH of the vagina
- Stimulates cell growth in the super ficial layers of the mucous membranes
- The gel is free from fats and the applicator is easy to clean after usage
- Clinically proven symptom relief
- Developed and produced by a Swedish company focusing on women’s health
A treatment course with VagiVital lasts for 30 days. Use the applicator with its preset and standardised dose of 1 ml every day for 30 days. After 30 days VagiVital can be used according to need and preference.
VThe positive effects of Vagivital have been documented in a comprehensive randomised multi-centre study with 90 patients in total (designed according to FDA guidelines), as monitored by scientists from Karolinska University Hospital, Uppsala University Hospital, as well as University Hospital of Umeå in Sweden.
As many as 79 % of the patients experienced relief from the most bothersome symptoms (subjective assessments by the patients). Objective measures showed an improved (reduced) pH as well as an increase in the number of cells of the superficial layers of the mucous membrane. Other clinical effects were also documented, such as improvements of urgency urinary incontinence symptoms, which proved to be an additional benefit.
VagiVital has thus shown significant improvements in terms of both objective as well as subjective parameters.
According to these clinically documented results, we classify VagiVital as an active gel, as it does so much more than just rehydrates. The clinically proven effects on the Most Bothersome Symptoms (subjective parameter) are on par with those reported for estrogen products.
Who can use the active gel?
VagiVital can be used by all women who suffer from vaginal atrophy and/or dryness. This may occur during periods with lower production of estrogen, which usually occurs during or after menopause as well as when women undergo cancer treatment, or whenever the body’s estrogen production is compromised or reduced. But it can also be experienced by women who use contraceptive pills, during breastfeeding (after childbirth) or by women who suffer from general lower abdomen problems, causing vaginal dryness.